Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I NEED a mom conversation!

Do you ever feel like you are stuck in the kids world? You know the one...where the purple dinosaur and the flying tiger meet and have a battle with the legos and the winner gets their hotwheel of choice? (If you have girls, maybe you at least get to have a civilized tea party with purple dinosaur and flying tiger)? Where a tent is a bed sheet strung between the couch & the chair and you must use the secret password to enter? Where all questions must begin and end with the letters "W-H-Y"? And all answers must be repeated a minimum of 14 times?

That is the world I live in! I LOVE my boys, and I honestly LOVE their crazy, silly, loud nature...most of the time. But, there are those times when I crave the quiet, honest, sensible conversation of another mom. My husband is a wonderful listener, and I can talk to him about anything, if I want to do the talking. He just is not much of a talker himself. Thankfully, I have found the moms I need! Mothers of Preschoolers International (MOPS). Our group meets every other Wednesday at a great local church with a fun indoor playground and awesome childcare volunteers who plan a lesson, sing, snack and play with the kids. This provides me with 2 hours of much needed down time with other moms. Yes, we spend most of the time discussing how to be a better mom, and that is ok. Two weeks ago, we talked about our child's Love Language and how to show love in whichever way our child would feel it best. After a wonderful presentation, we created this little window vase:


This vase may be quite tiny, but its importance is monumental and grand.
For the love that went into each picked 'flower',
was carefully chosen by your child's small hand.

How important these pesky 'flowers' become and how great they will make your day,
when your child comes running across the lawn 'I picked these just for you,' they'll say.

No other flower can show your child's love, that that of the dandelion in bloom.
For sometimes in the thicket of weeds, Gods love is revealed to you.

So each time you use this vase, remember how great the reason.
For nothing can compare to the love of a child, when the dandelions are in season!

Of course as soon as we got outside, the boys went dandelion hunting (not very hard at our house right now!) and brought me the sweetest 'flowers' to remind me that a child's world is right where I belong...most of the time!


No comments:

Post a Comment