Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Crocheting from both ends!


To say life has been a bit hectic lately would be a gross understatement! We have been running crazy lately. Sort of burning the candle from both ends so to speak. I generally spend 20-30 minutes each day sitting in the car waiting. If I am alone, I enjoy the peace and quiet reading. But, if I have children in the car with me, reading is pointless not to mention frustrating.

Because I am an avid crocheter, and have been for almost 30 years, I can crochet while fielding any number of questions about frogs, pineapples, soccer and whatever else my kids can throw at me. What I cannot do is remember a pattern to save my life! I have made this same headband four times in the last month, and I still cannot remember how many rows it takes. So, you can understand my disappointment when I arrived at a 10 minute wait at school drop off this morning with my yarn and without my directions. I had picked up the directions for the flower, but failed to get the ones for the headband. So, I just started crocheting from the other end! I would not recommend this method of crocheting if you are making a large project, but for this small flower, it was the perfect solution.

By the way, the answer is 55. That is how many rows before the decrease starts! Maybe next time I can remember, but I won't hold my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment